R9Host provides hosting services to clients worldwide, and we have a responsibility to protect each client and to provide the best services available.
All services provided by R9Host may be used for lawful purposes only. R9Host operates under laws and regulation of UK and EU. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any UK or EU law is prohibited and may result in suspension or termination of your service. Services provided by R9Host that reside outside of UK and EU must still abide these terms and must not be in violation of any relevant laws of hosting city, state and country. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute.
The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless R9Host and its employees from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
The provisions of this AUP are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be exhaustive. Generally, conduct that violates law, regulation, or the accepted norms of the Internet community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this AUP, are prohibited.
We reserve the right at all times to prohibit activities that damage our or our affiliates’ commercial reputation and goodwill. We will be the sole and final arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of our policies.
All users must comply with all relevant legislation and regulations on bulk and commercial e-mail, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
Users may not send mass unsolicited e-mail, which is email that is sent to recipients who have not “opted-in” to mailings from the user.
Users who send mass mailings must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and opt-ins and provide such records to R9Host upon its request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and opt-ins, we will consider the mass mailing to be unsolicited.
Users are prohibited from operating mailing lists, listservs, or mailing services that do not target an audience that has voluntarily signed up for e-mail information using an “opt-in” process or that has made their e-mail addresses available to a user for distribution of information.
Users who operate mailing lists must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and “opt-in” elections and provide such records to R9Host upon its request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and “opt-in” elections, we will consider the list mailing to be unsolicited.
Any user-maintained mailing list must also allow any party on the list to remove itself automatically and permanently.
Other prohibited activities include, without limitation, the following:
- Use of our network for the receipt of replies to unsolicited mass e-mail.
- Forgery of e-mail headers (spoofing)
- Spamming via third-party proxy, aggregation of proxy lists, or installation of mail proxy software.
- Configuration of a mail server to accept and process third-party messages for sending without user identification and authentication.
- Hosting web pages advertised within “spam e-mail” sent from another network (spamvertising).
- Hosting web pages or providing services that support spam.
- Any other unsolicited bulk messages, postings, or transmissions through media such as weblog posts, IRC/chat room messages, guestbook entries, HTTP referrer log entries, usenet posts, pop-up messages, instant messages, or SMS messages.
- Instructing others in any activity prohibited by this AUP.
If, as a result of your actions, our domains and/or IP address ranges are placed on black lists or other mail filtering software systems, your server may be suspended and possibly terminated upon further investigation.
The following uses are prohibited on our network. Engaging in these activities on our services will result in an account and/or service suspension without notice.
- Copyrighted content hosting and/or linking to pirated content
- Open proxies
- Stressers/booter websites
- Mail/SMS bombers
- Mass mail sending
- Resource intensive activities (CPU, RAM, I/O, Network, etc.)
- IP spoofing
- Network/Port Scanning
- Distribution of credentials and/or personal information
- Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
- TOR exit nodes
- Open DNS resolvers
- Crypto-currency (*coin) mining
- World Community Grid, Folding at Home, or similar computing resource sharing softwares
- HitLeap or any artificial traffic creation software
- HYIP websites
- iBusinessPromoter or similar software
- Vulnerability scanning
- Social media crawlers
- Illegal pornography
- Telnet or SSH access scripts
- Destructive activities including but not limited to phishing, malware and/or distributing malicious content
- Illegal activities including but not limited to ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, phishing, scam websites and pirating software
- Multics, CCcam, or any other card sharing software
- Chinese private game servers and related websites
Some network ports may be blocked on our network, this is to ensure our services are not used maliciously. Any port(s) may be added or removed to the list of blocks without prior notice. Please create a support ticket if you require more information.
Clients who are targeted with frequent and/or disruptive attacks may have action taken against them.
If your service(s) are found to be impacting the experience of other clients, you will be notified via ticket and requested to prevent further damages from occurring or migrate to another provider.
Unlimited & unmetered claims have software and hardware limitations, and are subject to a discretional fair use policy by our team.
If you are using more of any resource than is considered realistic or reasonable for the platform then you will be notified via a support ticket to reduce your usage.
Shared & Reseller Hosting Policies
All accounts are protected by CloudLinux LVE. The resources allocated to our clients through packages are not dedicated to the account, and no right to use the entirety of any resource is given.
These are in place to lessen attack disruption and/or abusive behaviour from affecting other customers on the same hardware node.
If you are persistently reaching these limits, we may request that you upgrade your plan if applicable or move to a more powerful environment such as a VPS and dedicated server which gives dedicated resources.
We retain the right to change these limits without notice and to suspend services that are persistently reaching their maximum limits.
All cPanel accounts on our Shared & Reseller plans have a soft limit of 230,000 inodes and a hard limit of 250,000 inodes. When these are reached, this will result in you being denied access to write anymore files to disk.
In computing, an inode is a data structure on a traditional Unix-style file system such as UFS. An inode stores basic information about a regular file, directory, or other file system object. One inode is equal to 1 file, such as an image.
Outgoing mail on our cPanel host nodes are limited to 100 emails per hour on each account, this includes mailman lists, PHP mail() and SMTP. We retain the right to alter this limit without notice.
SSH access is not granted on our Shared & Reseller plans. However you can get full SSH access by moving to VPS or dedicated server.
All cPanel host nodes run daily backups of accounts, the maximum retain period is 15 days. This process happens during off-peak hours and may cause a decrease in server performance during this time.
We are not responsible for any performance decrease during the process, nor is it included within our uptime guarantee.
We provide these backups as an emergency fail-safe and cannot guarantee their availability to clients.
VPS & Cloud Server
In our VPS platform, CPU, network and disk I/O are shared among other customers on the same host node.
If your VPS is persistently using a lot of these resources for a prolonged period of time and/or impacting the experience of other clients sharing the same host node, we will notify you to restrict your usage via support ticket. Severe cases may result in your VPS being safely rebooted, shutdown or suspended. Failure to respond to a notice ticket will result in a suspension of your VPS.
As all VPS’s are unmanaged, we will only assist/intervene when the following are negatively affected for a client/server:
- Control Panel/Client Area Functions Issues
- Network Connectivity
- OS Template/ISO Issues
- Server Hardware
The following are acceptable if they abide with the rest of this policy:
- Game servers*
- Desktops environments**
- VPN servers
- Torrenting (You must limit your client/seeder to 50Mbps)
- Video Streaming and processing***
* Any activity that results in any attacks against our network may result in a suspension and/or termination.
** Use of these must be used cautiously as they can often be very CPU intensive.1
*** It is only allowed on dedicated servers.1