In today’s world, creating a website is easier than ever. There are a lot of tools to build various kinds of websites. Once you got an idea to create a website and came with a name in your mind, it only takes a few hours to select a hosting provider and start publishing your website right away.
1. Choose a domain name The first step is to identify your content type and target audiences. Once determined, you need to choose a domain name for your website that properly elaborates your target and is relevant to your content. For example, if you are going to create a website for a company, you may want to choose a domain name that indicates your company name or your brand name.
2. Register domain and choose hosting provider Next step is to to register your domain and find a reliable hosting provider who can support your website traffic as it grows. Most hosting companies also allow you to register your domain name during signup process. You can start by searching for hosting companies that support your desired website builder or content management system. If you are going to use WordPress for your website, you may want to search for cPanel hosting providers. Most hosting providers allow you to install WordPress from within cPanel control panel using a 1-click app installer.
3. Signup for hosting and install CMS Once you got your hosting account, it is quite simple to install your desired content management system (CMS) to simplify designing and adding contents to your new website. Just login to cPanel and click on Softaculous or Fantastico App installer. You will be presented with plenty of web applications. Just select your desired one and click “Install”. Now, provide basic information about your website and set options accordingly and your website is READY!
WordPress is a popular CMS which providers a easy-to-use management tools to create and manage a website.. There are thousands of ready-made themes and templates available you can choose from. Also WordPress is fully compatible with search engines. Also it is fully extensible and there are thousands of plugins available to extend functionality of WordPress. However, some plugins can slow down your website. So, choosing a high-performance and fast hosting service is vital for a website to succeed.
Installing WordPress on hosting account which comes with a popular App Installer such as Softaculous is pretty simple. On cPanel hosting, to install WordPress. follow the steps bellow:
- Login to cPanel.
- Under Software, click on “Softaculous App Installer”.
- From the list of available scripts, select WordPress.
- Enter the details for your website and click Install.
Your website is now ready to go online. You can now login to your WordPress and start setting up your website, create the pages and posts.